Best yard games
We are always seeking for new means of entertainment, and since awareness grew in the last few years regarding video games and other activities that involve little movement and the use of technology, a lot of people are now looking for games that can be played outside. Such an example is yard games. There is a vast variety of yard games that can be played not only in the backyard, cut at the park, while camping, or wherever you want.
Why yard games and not something else?
Not everyone is a fan of football, baseball, or whatever game that involves a ball. Plus, not everyone has a yard big enough to play games that involve a lot of space. That is why yard games are the best alternative. You get to stay outside, move around a little, but at the same time, have some fun with your friends and family. Plus, you may not even have the skill to play a ball game, and yard games, while they require some skill, are fun to play and learn.
Why buy yard games?
Surely you can see the benefits of playing outside instead of staying in front of your TV or computer. Personally, I find outdoor playing a lot more fun and engaging, which is why I strongly recommend everyone to try it sometime. I am not saying that you should ditch video games entirely, because they are also fun, but from time to time, it is better to go out in the sun. Here is why you should purchase yard games.
- It is fun – the primary reason people play outside games is that they are fun. Simple as that. There is some healthy competition, teasing, and that usually brings laughter to everyone present. Laughter is excellent medicine, and it can relieve some of the stress you get at work. Having some fun with your friends and family is something that can relax you.
- It is healthy – studies show that children playing outside have better social skills than the ones who play inside only. It is easy to make the correlation since playing yard games usually involve multiple players. The fact that multiple players are also present online is not an argument pro learning social skills, which is why researchers recommend that children should be encouraged to socialize. Doing that using yard games is perfect since there is movement, spending time outside, and learning how to play within a team against other people. It is the ideal combination if you ask me.
- You have where to choose from – I suppose you already know that when it comes to yard games, you have where to choose from. There is a vast variety of games that can be played outside and do not involve a ball. To give you some examples, you can play giant Jenga, disc games, cornhole, and many more. When it comes to yard games, the chances of getting bored are slim to none.
- They are cheap – yard games will never be expensive. From what I have seen online and in stores, no decent yard games exceeds $100. When you compare them to video games, especially when they are just released, $100 seems a steal. Even so, the benefits are far greater, which makes me think that yard games are worth it. Even so, the investment will not be significant, and you will get a lot of fun for what you are paying.
- It is an excellent pastime during barbecues and picnics – if you do not want to get bored while the burgers and hot dogs are cooking, you can play a yard game. That is the time period in which people usually have nothing to do, and while spending some time talking to your friends and family is entertaining, a game will make things a little bit more fun. Plus, the time will pass faster because that is how time works when you are having fun.
What to consider when looking for the best yard game
Since there are plenty of yard games you can play, you need to pick one or two that are among your favorites. However, choosing a random yard game might not be the best idea because you may end up with something you do not like to play, or worse, you can end up with a poorly constructed game. That is why you should consider a few things before you make a purchase.
- The number of players – not all yard games can be played by the same number of people. Depending on the number of family members and friends that usually gather at your house, you need to buy a game that can be played by everyone. After all, you do not want anyone to feel left out, do you? Lucky for you, there are yard games that can accommodate a significant number of people.
- Difficulty – even if yard games usually do not require much skill, and that skill is easy to pick up, some games are more difficult than others. If only adults are generally present, that should not be an issue, but if children are involved, you may want to look into the level of skill a particular game requires. That is because you want to make the children feel involved during the games, and you do not want them to lose their self-esteem by losing every single time. Even so, learning to play a new game is always beneficial, and some may bring some benefits on higher levels such as hand-eye coordination, balance, and length estimation.
- Construction – even if we are talking about cheap yard games, it does not mean you must throw your money in poorly constructed products. After all, this is yard games we are talking about, and they need to have a durable construction. Not only because of the abuse they are going to take over the years, but the elements are also a factor that needs to be considered. Always go for high-quality yard games, well-constructed so that you can enjoy them for a more extended period of time. You may spend more money at the moment, but in the long run, you will actually save some cash.
- Portability – this may not be an issue for everyone, but personally, I find that yard games that come with their own carrying case are more convenient to store and transport. Not all of them include such an item in their package, but it would definitely be a plus. It will be easier for you when you want to take the yard game on a picnic or when you go camping. The carrying case will also protect the game when in storage.
What are the best yard games?
I have browsed through a lot of yard games, and while all of them seemed appealing, I ended up selecting only three. You can do just like I did. Determine the criteria or follow the ones mentioned above. If you want to be 100% certain that you buy high-quality products, you could read some yard games reviews online. People usually share their experience. In the meantime, take a look at my selections. Perhaps you will like one of them.
Kam-Jam Ultimate Disc Game
This game is one of my favorites, and while it does require some skill to score instant wins, when you do finally pick up that skill, you will be very pleased with yourself. It may not be the easiest game to play, but you get the hang of it pretty quickly. And when you do, I can guarantee that you will have a lot of fun with your friends and family. This game is perfect for family time or when you go with your friends at the beach. You can also play it in the backyard because all you need is 50 feet.
Kan-Jam rules are pretty simple. The barrels are 50 feet from each other. The goal is to throw the disc in the opposite barrel. Depending on how the disc ends up in the barrel, you will be given a certain number of point. The instructions are included in the package, and the rules are easy to understand. The game can be played by all ages.
The disc yard game includes 2 portable official goals and a custom-designed official Kan-Jam flying disc. All the components are made of durable but lightweight materials for easy portability. All the materials used are weather-proof. Also, the Kans collapse when not in use so that they do not occupy much space. Plus, they are easier to transport that way.
Yard Games Giant Tumbling Timbers
If you like to play Jenga inside the house, then you are going to love this game. It is like Jenga, but the difference is that the game is designed on a much larger scale, hence the Giant in the name. Even if it is huge, the game can be played inside as well. However, for the sake of small items around the surface on which you play, I recommend using it outside. You can play on any surface, but if you place the parts on the grass, the tower, which can reach 5 feet, will lose it stability, so make sure that you play on a flat surface.
As you may very well know, everyone can play Jenga, disregarding the age so everyone in the family can play. The set comes with 56 pieces, and each of them measures 7.5 x 2.5 x 1.5 inches. The set includes 2 extra blocks so that you can add some height. The game starts with 19 levels of timbers, but as I mentioned before, during playtime, it can reach 5 feet tall.
The timbers are made of high-quality pinewood so that it lasts in time. However, I do not recommend you leave the pieces in the rain. After all, this is wood we are talking about, and it can suffer changes in shape, no matter how well it is treated. The pinewood is kiln-dried and smoothly sanded for easy play. Plus, the set arrives in a high-strength nylon carrying case for easy transportation and safe storage.
GoSports Portable PVC-Framed Cornhole Game
If you like to play cornhole while you go to the fair, then you are going to love having this game in your yard. It can be entertaining for the entire family, and I am sure you will have a lot of fun with your friends. Just as the name suggests, this is a portable game so that you can take it with your wherever you want.
The set includes two cornhole targets that measure 3 by 2 feet, and there are 8 bean bags. Plus, the package includes a carrying case for easy transportation and a manual with the game’s rules. If you do not know how to play, you will learn in no time.
Once you are done playing, you can just fold up the target and place them in the carrying case. Since the entire set weighs only 10 pounds, you should have an easy time carrying it. Assembly and disassembly are effortless, and you should be done in under a minute.
Personally, I like yard games as much as the next person, but my personal favorite is the Kam-Jam Ultimate Disc Game. It takes a while to score instant wins, that much is true, but the game is fun overall. It is ideal for picnics, camping, or even enjoyable afternoons in the backyard with your children. I believe it is one of the best yard games you can find.
Yard games have been around for centuries, and while people used to play cricket or bocce balls, now you have a lot of games you can choose from. One of the games above will provide the fun and the outdoor time you wish for you and your family, and if you do not like either one of them, you can choose from countless others. I am sure that no matter which one you want, you will have lots of fun. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Yard Games for Adults Ideas
- Whatever They Told You About outside Games Is Dead Wrong…And Here’s Why
- Why Absolutely Everyone Is Talking About outside Games
- Top Outside Games Guide!
- New Article Reveals the Low Down on Lawn Games for Adults and Why You Must Take Action Today
- The Hidden Facts About Yard Games for Adults
- Yard Games for Adults Reviews & Guide
- Yard Games for Adults Secrets
- Top Lawn Games for Adults Tips!
- Lawn Games for Adults – the Story
- What You Can Do About Outdoor Games for Adults Beginning in the Next Five Minutes
- The Little-Known Secrets to Lawn Games for Adults
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Outdoor Games for Adults
- The Undisputed Truth About Outdoor Games for Adults That the Experts Don’t Want You to Hear
- The Mystery of Outdoor Games for Adults No One Is Discussing
- The Pitfall of Backyard Games
- Vital Pieces of Backyard Games
- Instant Solutions to Backyard Games
- Vital Pieces of Backyard Games
- The Basics of Lawn Games
- The Downside Risk of Lawn Games That No One Is Talking About
- Choosing Lawn Games Is Simple
- The Definitive Approach to Lawn Games
- Reported Buzz on Outdoor Games for Kids Revealed
- Facts, Fiction and Outdoor Games for Kids
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Outdoor Games for Kids and What You Should Do Today
- What’s Truly Happening with Outdoor Games for Kids
- The Insider Secret on Outdoor Games Uncovered
- Outdoor Games Ideas
- Outdoor Games Can Be Fun for Everyone
- Outdoor Games Help!
- Who Is Lying to Us About Yard Games?
- The History of Yard Games Refuted
- Outrageous Yard Games Tips
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Yard Games